PT Hatfield Indonesia (PTHI) is seeking an experienced Indonesian Forestry Specialist for our Bogor office. PTHI is a well established (1990) and growing environmental consulting company that offers excellent career opportunities for highly motivated individuals.
The selected individual will work with a team of Forestry Specialists/Scientists that is responsible for the design and delivery of a broad change of forestry projects including biodiversity assessment, monitoring and land rehabilitation services to our extensive client base. In particular, we are seeking candidates with strong communication skills and background in forest management, policy and/or economics.
SENIOR FORESTRY SPECIALIST (NATIONAL)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducting desktop studies on various aspect of forestry in Indonesia, including sustainable forest management, climate change initiatives, forest policy and regulations, sustainable forest management, forest financing, etc.
- Coordinating and implementing field assessments related to biodiversity, forest carbon, permanent forest plots, forest and oil palm certification, land rehabilitation, etc.
- Establishing contacts and interacting with a broad range of forestry stakeholders including government officials, NGOs and international organizations.
- Managing forestry project aspects including teamwork, scheduling, budgeting, and client liaison.
- Data analysis and report writing.
- Developing PowerPoint presentations for clients.
- Assisting the Company with marketing activities related to forestry.
- Reporting and coordinating duties and administrative responsibilities.
- Indonesian citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry from reputable university. Master’s degree from a reputable university will be an advantage.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in forestry projects, consultancy or related project implementation.
- Able to deliver technical support, program evaluation, and program and policy recommendations for assigned program areas.
- Familiarity with general forestry issues in Indonesia, including biodiversity, REDD and sustainable forest management.
- Familiarity with Indonesian regulations related to forestry.
- Experience with forest and oil palm certification schemes will be an advantage.
- Fluency in English both oral and written.
- Computer skills required: MS Office, MS Excel and Statistical Software. Skills in GIS will be advantageous but not necessary.
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills.
To apply, email application letter and CV to :
(no phone calls please).
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.