Belantara Foundation (BELANTARA) is aimed to support the strengthening of forest and protected areas governance through enhancing the forest policy, legislation and institutions, and implementing sustainable forest management models on a pilot basis. The Landscape Forest Management Plan (LFMP) Program will be implemented in ten landscape extended over five provinces: Riau, Jambi, SumSel, Kalbar and Kaltim.
The Program is supported by the Asia Pulp and Paper contributing to a fund administered by BELANTARA. Implementation of the Program is led by the BELANTARA, working in partnership with the other collaborative institutions in the area.
Manager Commodity Supply
Indonesia - Jakarta Raya - Jakarta Pusat
Key Responsibility of the incumbent would be:
- Introduce practical innovative production technologies and practices on agroforestry product.
- Work with Centers of Excellence to develop extension materials and methodology and train trainers.
- Increase farmer access to improved inputs (seed, fertilizer, farm equipment and crop protection products) by stimulating demand via market-friendly voucher systems that also stimulate competitive input supply chain development and include an exit strategy.
- Train and develop agro-input dealers and trade associations.
- Help establish farmer-based organizations and link them to credit and other service providers and train NGOs and other trainers.
- Help develop a market information system for key commodities.
- Provide technical support for soil, staple crop and other relevant surveys.
- Provide training of farmers and extension staff involved in the on-farm trials.
- Work in close collaboration with other partners.
- Masters degree in agribusiness, agronomy, agro-economy or a related field
- At least 5-10 years experience in agribusiness development in Indonesia
- Solid knowledge of private sector development. Solid knowledge of key private sector actors in Indonesia (including the financial sector and the fertilizer sector) and preferably having worked in private agribusiness globally
- Knowledgeable in development of major value chains in Indonesia (both inputs and outputs) and access to credit (including innovative credit mechanisms) Experience in agribusiness development,
- Experience in development and management of Public-Private-Partnerships
- Donor knowledge
- Proven experience in project development / new business development
- Team worker / team builder, proven ability to inspire. A go-getter who gets things done.
- Excellent communication skills in English and preferable local language
- Relevant computer skills: Word, Excel, Internet, SPSS