IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative helps to accelerate and upscale sustainable practices within mainstream international commodity markets, driving sustainability from niche to norm. We build ambitious public-private coalitions of companies, civil society organizations and governments in high-impact programs in order to benefit people, the planet and profit. Partnering with over 350 companies, 60 NGOs and numerous governmental organizations, IDH is a dynamic organization of about 45 staff members based in Utrecht, The Netherlands, with hubs in Vietnam, Indonesia, India and other countries. In the last year IDH has expanded its activities and now runs over 100 projects through 18 commodity programs in 50 countries, together with internationally operating companies and implementing partners. Among the commodities IDH focuses on are cocoa, coffee, tea, soy, cotton, timber, palm oil, natural stone, aquaculture and electronics, and new sector programs are in development. Partnering companies have committed to invest in their supply chains to make production and trade more sustainable. IDH receives its funding from the Dutch, Swiss and Danish governments.
PROGRAM OFFICER COFFEE AND COCOA
To be based in Jakarta. The program officer is a support role, and will focus primarily on supporting the Coffee and Cocoa programs.
Core Job Functions
1. Operational program management
- Responsibility for supporting the development and implementation of the Coffee and Cocoa field level program (FLP), including administration, reporting, development of program pipeline deliverables and logistics.
- Organize and provide technical support/capacity building on Coffee and Cocoa Sustainability (good agriculture practices-GAP; good manufacturing practices-GMP) for Coffee and Cocoa partners.
- Supports the organization of input from the program partners to enable operations to run the required program administration and reporting. This includes the development of performance indicators for the management of Coffee and Cocoa programs pipeline deliverables.Support program manager on alignment of the Coffee and Cocoa programs with other programs and landscapes within IDH Indonesia
- Support program manager on coordinate monitoring and annual evaluation.
- Support program manager on coordinate for Coffee and Cocoa learning activities
- Manage relationships with partners of the SCP (Sustainable Coffee Program) and the CSP (Cocoa Sustainability Partnership).
- Ensure integration of the Sustainable Coffee Program (SCP) national level activities into the IDH co-funded FLPs and alignment between the two.
- Liaise with related organizations working in the same areas – i.e. key government, private sector and international institutions.
2. Events and workshops
- Support the planning, organization and coordination of events and workshops organized by partners i.e. Sustainable Coffee Platform of Indonesia (SCOPI) and Cocoa sustainability Platform (CSP) as required.
3. Stakeholder management and networking
- Maintain contacts with existing program stakeholders at field level project, national as well as with network organization such as SCOPI, CSP, PISAGRO, etc.
- Maintain the program’s network and contribute to further development of Coffee and Cocoa programs
- Working and thinking at Master degree level
- Knowledge of supply chain sustainability issues, including experience in developing countries
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English (essential) and Bahasa Indonesia (desirable)
- Authorised to work in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Strong communication skills
- Able to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment
IDH offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhsustainabletrade.com . The position is for 40 hours a week. This position is offered on a long term consultancy basis initially, but with the possibility to develop into a permanent position. IDH offers competitive remuneration.This position is based in Jakarta.
To apply, please submit a cover letter explaining your interest and capabilities for the position and your CV/resume before 20 January 2015